Peterson announces DOT grants awarded to regional airports
WASHINGTON – Congressman Collin C. Peterson is pleased to announce that the United States Department of Transportation (USDOT) has awarded grants for regional airports across the Seventh District.
“As a pilot I understand the importance of our rural airports, all of which improve options for transportation and commerce for their communities,” Peterson said. “The goal for any airport is flyer safety and these grants help them work towards that goal.”
Through an application process, USDOT awards grants to any qualifying infrastructure project for communities across the United States. The cities of Bemidji, Detroit Lakes, Long Prairie, Thief River Falls, and Winsted have applied and have been awarded grants for infrastructure upgrades and improving safety operations.
The individual awards are as follows:
- Bemidji Regional Airport Authority Commission will receive $1,714,916.00 to acquire an aircraft rescue and fire fighting vehicle, and to rehabilitate the apron.
- City of Detroit Lakes has been awarded $4,307,346.00 to construct a runway safety area at Wething Field.
- City of Long Prairie will receive $1,059,871.00 for the runway extension at Todd Field.
- Thief River Falls Regional Airport Authority is awarded $2,653,914.00 to reconstruct the apron and taxiway.
- City of Winsted has been awarded $1,435,797.00 for runway reconstruction at Winsted Municipal Airport.
For more information please visit the USDOT website.